posted Oct 27, 2010, 1:12 AM by Riguzzi Fabrizio
updated Oct 27, 2010, 1:22 AM
Call For Participation, 11th AI*IA Symposium on Artificial Intelligence (AIIA 2010), Brescia (Italy), December 1-3, 2010
The Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA) invites you
to AIIA-2010, the 11th biannual AI*IA Symposium on IA, organized at the
University of Brescia, Brescia (Italy).
The symposium consists of six workshops in different areas of AI, and a
plenary session including invited talks by four leading AI scientists and
a student session.
Please note that the early registration deadline is the 1st of November.
Table of contents
- Plenary Session and invited speakers
- Doctoral Consortium
- Student Grants
- Student Thesis Awards
- Social Activities (Banquet)
- Registration and Accommodation
The conference will take place at the Faculty of Engineering of the
University of Brescia, via Branze 38, 25123, Brescia, Italy. Information
about the venue, how to get to it, and amenities are available from the
symposium website http://aixia10.ing.unibs.it/
Plenary Session and Invited Speakers
The Program of AIIA-2010 includes a plenary session on December 2 with
some invited talks by important leading researchers on recent projects,
prospects and challenges in AI. The currently confirmed invited speakers
* Anthony G. Cohn, University of Leeds (UK)
* Rina Dechter, University of California, Irvine (USA)
* Hector Geffner, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Spain)
Additional speakers might be added in the final program to be announced
soon. More information about the program of the plenary session and the
invited talks and speakers is available from the AIIA-2010 website
AIIA-2010 has the following six workshops.
* Workshop on Human Language Technologies for Italian.
* Workshop on Future Perspectives for Semantic Technologies in Enterprises
* 4th Italian Workshop on Planning & Scheduling jointly with 28th Workshop
of the UK Planning & Scheduling Special Interest Group.
* State of the Robotics in Italy. (Only Afternoon)
* Workshop on Technological Challenges and Scenarios of the Ageing Society
* Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Argumentation: Computational
and philosophical perspectives
The AIIA-2010 Doctoral Consortium will allow participants to interact with
established researchers and with other students. The plenary session of
the symposium (December 2) includes a poster session during which Ph.D.
students will present their work.
The AI*IA offers travel grants, which partially support the travel, the
accommodation and the meal expenses, to students attending the symposium.
The candidates should send the travel grant application to
email@example.com by NOVEMBER 1, 2010.
Additional information is available at http://aixia10.ing.unibs.it/
Student Thesis Awards
The plenary session includes a sub-session where the authors awarded by
AI*IA for the best theses on AI will give a brief presentation of their
Social Activities (Banquet)
The AIIA-2010 banquet will take place at Villa Baiana, which is part of
the La Montina winery in the "Franciacorta" area. Before the social dinner,
we have planned a visit the wine cellars of La Montina. For more information:
Registration and Accommodation
Full registration Early: 150 Euros By November 1, 2010
Student registration: 80 Euros By November 9, 2010
Full registration Late: 200 Euros By November 9, 2010
Full registration: 250 Euros After November 9
Additional information about the registration and the accommodation is
available from http://aixia10.ing.unibs.it/
* Alfonso Gerevini (Symposium chair), University of Brescia
* Paola Mello (AI*IA President), University of Bologna
Local organisation committee:
* Alfonso Gerevini (co-chair), University of Brescia
* Alessandro Saetti (co-chair), University of Brescia
* Pietro Baroni, University of Brescia
* Riccardo Cassinis, University of Brescia
* Massimiliano Giacomin, University of Brescia
* Giovanni Guida, University of Brescia
* Gianfranco Lamperti, University of Brescia
* Marina Zanella, University of Brescia